Due to COVID-19, training only available by webinar
This 2 Day entry level RADIATION SAFETY OFFICER (Optional 1/2 day TDG to follow on next day) training course provides students with basic nuclear theory, radiation safety, detection and description of common nuclear substances and devices used in industrial and research applications. Radiation safety program components and management is reviewed and the role of the RSO is examined. Applicable Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission (CNSC) regulations are reviewed along with expectations of the licensee by the CNSC. After completing the course the RSO will have the radiation safety knowledge and regulatory skills to carry out the RSO duties.
This RSO Course concentrates on the application of CNSC regulation to fixed and portable nuclear gauges, and well logging operations. Other classes of nuclear material may be covered, however we recommend that you contact us for more information.
After 2 days of training about radiation safety, and regulation in Canada, the candidate may take an optional 4 hour TDG Class 7 Seminar, held on the following day, at an additional cost of $100.00 per student.
RSO & TDG Class 7 - Cost: $1195.00 - Lunch included on days 1 & 2
RSO Course Outline
- CNSC regulatory framework
- CNSC license applications, fees & regulations
- Radiation safety program components and management
- RSO role & responsibilities
- Employer & employee obligations
- CNSC annual compliance reports, inspections & audits
- Nuclear substances and devices
- Radioactivity types & characteristics
- General radiation protection techniques
- Biological & health effects of radiation & treatments
- Radiation protection & nuclear devices
- Calculations in radiation safety
- Detection and measurement of radioactivity
- Radiation detection and instrumentation
- Introduction of transportation of radioactive materials by road
- Review CNSC regulations
- CNSC compliance reports, inspections and audits
Course Cancellation Policy
- ALARA Consultants Inc. reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a workshop if the minimum number of participants fail to register. In this event you will be refunded 100% of the registration fee
- A cancellation fee of 50% of the course fee will be applied to participants who cancel their registration within fifteen (15) business days of the course date.
- Participants who do not cancel their registration and no shows will be subject to 100% cancellation fee.
- Substitutions will be accepted at any time.