For use in and around nuclear reactors, hot cells, irradiators, and other facilities handling radioactive materials or x-ray equipment.
TA’s FM-9W Area Monitor Series are rugged and ideal for either laboratory or industrial application. AC Operation.
These versatile radiation control instruments fill a varied list of applications and placement needs.
The FM-9W Area Monitor Series utilize a variety of probes including Technical Associates P & S series, Geiger, and Scintillation. The many choices in probes provide instrumentation will fit your need. User settable to preferred engineering units: mR/h; Sv/h, cpm, etc.
• Single or multi-detector system
• Single read out serves multiple detectors
• Detects beta, gamma, X-Ray- Optional Neutrons
• Plug in modular system
• Built in data logger
• Wall mount case
• Highly sensitive
• Local or remote monitoring
• User settable A / V alarm
• USB & Ethernet ports
• Relay control can lock doors, trigger a siren or send alert
• Range Sensitivity: Beta 0.1 – 10,000 mR/h; 5 Decades is Standard,; Other ranges available up to 5 Decades; Down to 0.15 MeV; Energy independent (±25%) 0.4 KeV to 7 MeV. Gamma 0.1 – 10,000 mR/h; Down to 2 KeV;Energy independent (±15%) 4 KeV to 6 MeV.
• Operating range between -30°C and 65°C; drift less than -0.4% per°C at room temperature. 0
• 95% humidity non-condensing.
• Detector: Air equivalent ion chamber. Standard systems use Model IC-2 (for Gamma) or Model
• IC-1 (for Beta-Gamma).
• Both models have graphite lined phenolic walls and an active free air volume of 2 liters.
• Optional high range systems use smaller chambers. Detector is supplied with 8 ft. cable (up to
• 500 ft. of cable can be supplied as an option).
• Engineering Units: User can input correct conversion factor and change to any units.
• Controls: Front Panel: On-Off, Alarm-mute, Rate, Integrate, Reset.
• Recessed or Internal: Discriminator level, high voltage. Other adjustable settings: See calibration.
• Input Sensitivity: Adjustable from less than 1 millivolt to 100 millivolt
• Anti-saturation and Dead-time Corrections are available.
• Alarm: 2000 Hz audio tone with audio “mute” switch + RED LIGHT
• High current relay. 0-100% of full scale.
• Alarm Set Point: User settable to any point on detector range.
• Serial Output: Two way USB standard, Ethernet optional.
• Power: 105-125 volts, 50-60 Hz (220 V optional)
• Construction: Gasketed aluminum case.
• Probe Holder: Probe Holder is provided for probe purchased.
• Any GM (such as P-13, P-15, P-6LB, etc.) or
• Alpha, Beta, Gamma or Neutron Scintillator (such as PAS-8, PAS-9, PGS-3, PNS-19, etc.).
• Dimensions:13.5 w x 11" h x 3.6" d (25 x 18 x 10 cm), exluding probe holder, feet, and knobs
• Weight: 3 lbs. (1.4 kg), including batteries and hardware, excluding probe
Ion Chamber Area Monitor............................................................ 5250-0149