• The NEMA IEC Body Phantom Set™ consists of a body phantom, a lung insert and an insert with six spheres with various sizes
• It is designed in accordance with the recommendations by the International
• Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) and modified by the National Electrical manufacturers Association (NEMA)
• It is recommended for use in the evaluation of reconstructed image quality in whole body PET imaging
• Simulation of whole-body imaging especially using PET and camera-based coincidence imaging techniques
• Evaluation of reconstructed image quality in wholebody PET and camera-based coincidence imaging
• Determination of the coincidence count rate characteristics in brain and cardiac imaging
• Evaluation of the relationship between true coincidence count rate and radioactivity
• Determination of the address errors caused by address pile up
• Evaluation of the count loss correction scheme
• Interior length of phantom: 180 mm
• Fillable spheres (6) inner diameter: 10 mm, 13 mm, 17 mm, 22 mm, 28 mm, and 37 mm.
• Distance from sphere plane to inside wall: 70 mm
• Volume of empty cylinder: 9.7 liters
• Cylindrical insert dimension:
• Outside diameter: 51 mm
• Length: 180 mm
* International Standard: Radionuclide imaging devices –Characteristics and test conditions – Part 1: Positron emission tomographs, International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC), 61675-1, Geneva, Switzerland, 1998.
* Performance Measurements of Scintillation Cameras, NEMA Standards Publication No. NU2, National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA), Washington, D.C., 2001.
NEMA IEC Body Phantom Set™ .................................................. 5250-0161