CAPINTEC “L” BENCH SHIELDS
Capintec “L” blocks provide effective radiation protection without a larger cost
Capintec has studied the working area in the Hot Lab and has designed an “L” shield that provides greater protection without a bigger price tag. The lead glass is 4.8 gm/c³ while not sacrificing optical quality. Capintec “L” Shields are provided with 1/4" lead glass, plus 1/4"clear glass to protect the lead glass from scratching during use. Additional thicknesses of glass are available, if required. The 1/4" lead shield is designed with a steel frame and base.
• 4.8 g/cm3 density lead
• Industry exclusive 1/4" clear glass to protect lead glass from scratching.
• Total Frontal shielding for safety (no plastic or particle board and no air gaps).
• The shields are painted with a high gloss epoxy paint, for easy cleaning.
The Tech L-Block is specially designed to protect staff 99m members working with Tc isotopes. This leadcontaining L-Block gives full protection to the techologist’s torso while the leaded glass window allows the technologist full view of the work area and offers shielding from radiation. This is an excellent product for facilities that compound significant 99m quantities of Tc based radiopharmaceuticals.
• 12” w x 8.19” h x .59” Tk (30.5 x 20.8 x 1.5 cm)
• Lead glass density of 4.77 g/cm3
• Lead thickness of .24” (.6 cm) front and bottom
• Dimensions: 15.16" h x 10.43 w x 10.08" d (38.5 x 26.5 x 25.6 cm)
• Weight: 40 lbs. (18.1 kg)
Stainless Steel “L” Shield................................................................ 5550-0002